Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fact #50

As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” -Thoreau
                                             
A Thoreau quote seemed fitting for the setting I am in currently.  I'm sitting in the dining room, comforted by the quiet company of Cassy and Allen, Gregory Alan Isakov playing faintly in the background.  Nothing exciting happened today, nothing adventurous planned for tonight.  Just homework and cocoa.
  
I think, when we look forward, we often expect the future to be epic and romanticized; if it's not, we've somehow failed God's "purpose" for us.  We become wrapped up in our imagination so much that we begin rejecting reality.  Reality becomes the enemy, rather than a realm in which we see God work.           
But right now, in this moment, I'm incredibly content.  It's relieving.          
          
Where do you see God working?
Comforting me in this moment.

What do you hear God saying?
"You're going to be okay."

How do you see God working?
Unsure yet.  He seems to simply be allowing me to savor this moment.