Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fact #49

Apology gifts should, in my opinion, be based on inside jokes.


I bought Allen a calendar.  He received the brunt of my frustration on Friday where is was not completely deserved (though he has conceded to having contributed to a portion of the problem).  Regardless, The Oatmeal created a 2012 calendar entitled 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth (And Other Useful Guides) and I knew it had to be his.

Next, I wrapped it in giant coloring pages, mainly because coloring is therapeutic, but also because I am finding fewer and fewer places to store a Princess and the Frog coloring book the size of a refrigerator door.

When he arrived at the apartment, true to form, he had presents of his own (chocolate and a Quillow his aunt made for me).  He loved the calendar, though his first response to the coloring page-wrapping paper was, "But we're not black."  And it was with those words that I knew everything was back to normal.

I apologize that these are short; I haven't been feeling very deeply introspective as of late.  I feel like God's been simplifying my life a lot, almost so the things I have to concern myself with are the things that are immediately in front of me.  As tense and exhausting as the past week has been, it's kind of relieving.


Where do you see God working?
In our relationship, re-stabilizing. 

What do you hear God saying?
"Not all is lost."

How do you see God working?


Reminding me that, even when I screw up, it doesn't mean he'll take what he's given me away as punishment.